Our mission at Vidak is to help people love their work. This doesn't stop with client projects, but also extends into our own company, and the environment we work in.
Vidak Environmental Policy
Vidak shall fulfill its social obligation as a good corporate citizen, striving for harmonious balance between its business activities and the global environment and taking care to use its resources efficiently and prevent pollution.
- Ensure that environmental considerations are included in all aspects of our business operations. Strive to continually reduce the environmental impact of our business by conserving materials and resources in our operations.
- Comply with all relevant environmental law and regulations by implementing environmental practices and procedures that will prevent pollution and adverse environmental impacts. Set and use environmental objectives and targets to drive performance improvement, monitoring and reporting procedures to communicate our performance internally and externally to our stakeholders and interested parties.
- Strive to continuously improve our environmental performance and to reduce our impacts through regular review of our activities, practices and procedures.
Vidak takes its responsibilities to its environment, communities and people seriously. Vidak recently received ECNZ Licence on 19th July 2011 for the following worksystems and screen systems:
- Engage desk frames: fixed height, user adjust and tech adjust
- Motion desk frames: fixed height, user adjust and tech adjust
- Spirit fixed height desk
- Edge screening (certain fabric finishes only)
- Motion screening (certain fabric finishes only)
- Spirit screening (certain fabric finishes only)
Environmental Choice New Zealand is an environmental labelling programme which has been created to help consumers find products that ease the burden on the environment. Being able to use ECNZ License on the selected products above means that Vidak has the ability to earn maximum points on the Office Interior tool - Furniture Calculator, helping our clients towards an NZGBC Green Star rated interior fitout if required.
Vidak adheres to the internationally recognised standards for the environmental management of businesses, AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004. Vidak became ISO14001:2004 certified in 2007. This is the basis for how we manage the environmental impacts and aspects associated with the design, assembly and supply of our products.
As part of the ISO14001:2004 certification Vidak and Telarc Sai Ltd conduct annual audits on all aspects of our Environmental Management System (EMS). Telarc Sai audits were performed 6 monthly, however, after our last audit on the 27th November 2009, the auditor recommended we change to a annual audit due to our minimal impact on the environment and our constant progress in reducing it further.
"The environmental management system was found to be stable and has matured into being simply a component of normal business activity. This is just great."
Mr Richard Church - Telarc Sai Ltd, Telarc SAI ISO 14001:2004 Management System Certification Programme – Assessment Report - Vidak Ltd, 2nd December 2009.